Results can be remarkable, even from the first session; often only a few sessions are needed to correct the presenting problem.
There are frequent but very essential pauses throughout the session that allows the body time to respond and begin the healing process.
Unlike many other hands-on therapies, the Bowen Technique does not use forceful manipulation. A unique skill of the Bowen Therapist is 'tissue tension' sense, meaning that the therapists are able to discern stress build up in muscles and other soft tissue enabling them to perform specific Bowen moves to assist recovery.
The technique addresses not only the musculoskeletal framework, but also the fascia, nerves and internal organs. The body's integrated response improves circulation and lymphatic drainage and aids in the assimilation of nutrients and elimination of toxins.
The original Bowen Technique is extremely gentle and is considered appropriate for anyone from pregnant women to newborn babies, the frail and the elderly.
It can assist recovery form many conditions, from traumatic injury to chronic illness, depending upon each individual's capacity to heal. No adverse side effects have been reported.
The Bowen technique should be considered for:
- back pain and sciatica
- digestive and bowel problems including IBS
- fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome
- knee, ankle and foot problems
- menstrual and hormonal irregularities
- neck/shoulder problems inc, frozen shoulder
- groin pain, pelvic tilt and uneven leg length
- respiratory problems and hay fever
- RSI, carpal tunnel syndrome and tennis elbow
- Sports and accident injuries
EVERY BODY IS BETTER WITH BOWEN!