7 Easy Tips to slow down the ageing process.
Don't go on a diet ! It is easy to eat well and be healthy following these key steps of the Wellness eating plan:
1. Include protein-rich foods in every meal and snack. Protein foods include fish, poultry, lean meats, eggs, dairy, tofu, and tempeh.
2. Enjoy a minimum of three cups of fresh vegetables every day. If you can see a rainbow of colour on your plate you will be sure you a getting a full spectrum of antioxidants. Fresh is always best and organic is always optimal.
3. Enjoy at least of two pieces of fruit per day. Be aware that too much fruit may affect blood sugar levels so watch out for that.
4. Starchy carbohydrates should be kept at a minimum, with only one or two small serves per day. These foods include breads ,rice, pasta and potatoes. Where possible choose low glycaemic index options such as wholegrain varieties.
5. Include healthy oils everyday , You can also enjoy nuts, seeds . Have two tablespoons of healthy oils such as olive oil, macadamia oil or flaxseed oil. Nuts and seeds can also provide protein and other nutrients, such as selenium from Brazil nuts.
6. Hydration is important . Enjoy at least eight glasses or two litres of pure water per day. You can add natural flavourings such as fresh lemon, lime or mint . Keep soft drinks to the absolute minimum including the diet drinks and caffeinated drinks. These shouldn't be consumed on a daily basis. Also Limit alcohol.
7. Remember it is what you do most of the time that counts . Food should not become a stress and having the less healthy choices occasionally will not do you any harm . Having a free day or a free meal once a week can also be helpful especially if you feel deprived or suffer cravings, It can be interesting however that often on these free days people are often still drawn to the healthier choices as their Body's get used to the healthier food.
Have fun ,be active and find time for relaxation Remember that along with healthy eating, exercise is also important for slowing down the ageing process. and achieving great health Aim for 30 minutes 3 x per week or daily if possible. If possible include some weight bearing exercise . This will help to protect Muscle Mass which is one of the most important organs associated with ageing..
Relaxation activities such as yoga and ,spending time in nature and meditation can also help increase wellbeing and help keep stress at a minimum.
Social activities, such as sharing a meal or having a laugh with friends and family are also an important part of a happy, balanced life.
Maintain Your Wellness with Key Supplements:
Research shows nutritional supplements can complement your Wellness diet and play a key role in anti ageing.
1. A high quality omega 3 fish oil to help support a healthy heart ,joints and nervous system.
2. A high-strength probiotic which can help to maintain the right balance in your digestive tract of good and bad bacteria.
3. A good quality daily multivitamin and mineral formula to fill any nutritional gaps that your diet doesn't fulfil.
4. A high potency good quality antioxidant formula to support healthy ageing and reduce the risk of developing chronic illness
Would you like to have more energy, vitality ,better immunity and slow down the ageing process ?
By combining a healthy eating plan with regular exercise, relaxation and fun, along with key nutritional supplementation. you can defy the aging process and not live long ,but live well.
ANTI AGING SKIN TREATMENTS
At Rotorua Health and Spa we can fight aging internally and externally. We can assess how well the body is aging at a cellular level and advise on the correct supplementation and we have our Beauty Therapists who are experts at anti aging beauty therapies
We Use Galvanic Technology to lift and tone the face and reduce wrinkles, and Organic Specialized skin products to nourish and rejuvenate the skin.
We also have our exclusive 24carat gold facials which is the ultimate anti aging skin rejuvenation treatment.
You are welcome to contact us about any of our Specialised Anti aging facials, Beauty treatments, and wellness assessments.